• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Is it possible to get herpes sharing a waterbottle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowMotion

Bluelight Crew
Well just a thought provoking question. Whenever I get fucked up I go around and offer my Gatorade or water to people but what if one of those people got herpes or some shit? Could I get it? I think we are all at risk here and any sharing of any items could lead to surprising cold sores!!!

FM

Mostly only HSV1 though. You can also get orally infectious forms of HPV (which aren't immediately troubling but cause throat cancer).

I believe it's very possible, but there's a 90% chance you carry the oral herpes virus anyway, so no biggie. If you don't have it in your system by now, you're probably immune or something (unless you've kissed very few people in your life).

Yeah, what people don't realize about herpes is that unless you live on an island there is about a 100% chance you are going to get it (most likely mouth). It's incredibly easy to get, and almost impossible to tell who gave it to you since it might not even show up until you've forgotten about that night and had 2 girlfriends in between. I remember the girl who gave it to me - she completely flipped out like "no one's going to love me" while I was struggling not to laugh. Another product of America's war on sex education.

You can also get thrush. My sister got thrush (in the mouth) from sharing a water bottle about a year ago and it quickly spread to the whole family. It still lingers in my mouth to this day, fuckin annoying.

Captainballs, why are island dwellers less likely to get coldsores? I live in Ireland (an island) and I've never had one, but lots of people I know have.

I ask about cold sore history before sharing a pipe/bong/joint/water bottle. Ask my husband. I asked him on our first meeting before we shared a pipe. I don't give a shit whether you had them in the past either. If you have had 'em...sorry got herpes, no share. When I used to go to raves, if a stranger asked me for a drink of water I would give them my bottle and buy another one. Cold sores are forever. No thanks. I am not willing to test my potential immunity.

^yeah, fuck that. I am not getting an incurable STD because some random douche tries to guilt trip me into feeling stingy. Go get your own.

Totally possible.

Thats why when I'm at a rave or a dance thing I definitely have my own water and then one to share.

Totally possible.

Thats why when I'm at a rave or a dance thing I definitely have my own water and then one to share.

Thats what I plan to do at the beginning at the night, but I always get all PLURy and feel like I need to keep everyone hydrated. :D

FM

Status
Not open for further replies.